The life of a pretty crazy lil clan called the Koerbers. We love life together and praise the Creator and Author of that life!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We went to the Children's Festival in Oakland today... we actually just happened upon it. We are going tomorrow with daddy. However... a funny thing happened today. Even funnier than the goats chasing Theo around the petting zoo trying to nibble on his fingers.

We are walking around... the kids' stage announces it's show: "Ladies and gentleman, the finest show of the festival... join me in welcoming the belly dancers troupe." Isaac, excited about the loud music and the stage, desperately wanted to watch the show. C'mon - BELLY DANCERS?!?!? At a Kids' festival? Like my poor soon needs to look at any more bellies.

Well, later on this evening - more than five hours after, Isaac looks at me and asks, "mom, why couldn't we watch the belly dancers? I'm almost as old as you. I AM a big boy." Oh dear...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krissie - Nora is so sweet. Heather had shown me some pictures at work and given me this address. She looks like her daddy to me.

Unknown said...

Wow. Belly dancers. Ummm. Geeze... Don't tell me we need... "Every Toddlers Battle" next. LOL.

YOUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL, Chrissie and Matt. I can't believe how much Nora has grown already. God Bless you guys. I love you
Aunt Dolly

Unknown said...

sorry, I missed you on Saturday, Chrissy. I could have kissed the baby...AND ATE SOME GUACAMOLE. Hope you guys are doing well.

Thanks for coming and helping Matt. I wish we could have snuck off and played a game of "ticket to ride." You could have showed me all of your secrets...

Maybe I'll catch you online sometime.

Love you both
Aunt Dolly

Anonymous said...

yeah, belly dancers? whatever happened to jugglers and balloon animals? belly dancers should be pg-13 at least...