The life of a pretty crazy lil clan called the Koerbers. We love life together and praise the Creator and Author of that life!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year..... Ok, not only am I talking about football season.... but this is also the time of year that both Matt and I get our music itches. We just recently ordered about five new CDs and are now reveling in the joy of new music!
  • Johnny Cash The Johnny Cash's Children's Album - while I LOVE Cash, I was a bit surprised by how "mellow" this album was. The kids and I have been listening to it in the mornings. I think I need to step it up to get more used to it! I don't know ANY of the songs (me not being able to sing along makes me sad.... )
  • Fiest The Reminder - hmm.... I have to say, I absolutely adore her voice and style. I am in love w/ a new artist. "My Moon and My Man" and "1234" I love although I'll die if Isaac learns to count from her... 1234569&10. Ouch, sweet woman!
  • Over the Rhine The Trumpet Child - another album that I adore. I love that each album comes packed with NEW. When artists produce as much as they do, all the songs tend to begin to sound as one it seems. I'm still listening... but I think I'm going to enjoy!!
  • Phish Rift - I'll let Matt review. As I will not have a ton positive to say other than the kids adore dancing w/ their dadda with this album. I can't tell if it's their nutty taste in music or just the fact that their father is in absolute bliss when listening?
  • Bob Dylan Saved - Here I go. I'm going to admit something publicly that I have only admitted at home. I don't like Dylan's voice and especially w/ this pregnancy (I can blame it on the child, right?) I find myself getting headaches when I listen to him. I have to admit that I like this album far more than I thought I would. Maybe because I knew all of the songs because of Third Day's Offerings. So sorry Bob.
  • Bob Dylan Modern Times - thankfully to my pregnant self this album hasn't arrived just yet. Thank you Lord for your grace ;)
OK -- I know I'm going to get bomb-blasted by all of you Dylan lovers. But you have to admit, if you love clean music, Bob gets too messy.

BTW - I am loving football this year. The Steelers have been keeping things fun here in Pittsburgh. A lot of surprises this year. We are trying to have more self control this year in the midst of the NFL season, translated means: we are watching only the Steelers. Many a Sunday years past you would find us (maybe even more so me!) watching football all Sunday. Then we started taking the Sabbath a bit more seriously ;)

No comments: