The life of a pretty crazy lil clan called the Koerbers. We love life together and praise the Creator and Author of that life!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Welcome to our World...

Norah has been getting a large dose of our world of late... The boys are deeply in love and gentle and dear. Here are some notables of late:
  • Norah Grace SLEEPS. She has given me at least one 5 hour stretch EVERY night since we've come home from the hospital. Immediately upon nursing during that ONE feeding a night, she goes right back to sleep. Consequently, I have had more energy NOW than I had prior to having her! (Now, if only my house would reflect that fact!)
  • Last Thursday morning, Norah was sleeping w/ daddy and Theo still in bed, Isaac and I had a precious and rare moment just the two of us. We were eating breakfast and it hit me that it was no longer just Isaac and Theo any longer -- there was a NEW child, new life in our family. I mentioned the fact to Isaac - in awe - and he responded by putting his fork down, looking me in the eye and asking, "wow mommy, can you handle it?" Oh, that I would handle it well.
  • Anytime Norah cries - Isaac immediately runs to her (no matter WHERE she is) and says, "it's alright Norah, I'm here. You are not lonely any more. I'm here!"
We are enjoying our new addition to our world. We are all in love.

Theo is constantly adding to his "stuffed animal" collection that he has to have in bed w/ him at night. We thought we'd give our new addition a shot -- He was so sad when we told him he couldn't actually keep her in there all night.


















Of course, Isaac wanted in on it... They were so excited about this!


















The ever famous jaundiced Koerber.... ;) Poor thing...


















13 comments:

Trista said...

Too precious! Your kids are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

oh my word, are those adorable pictures! she's SO precious! i see lots of matt in her face. glad to hear she's sleeping for you! sleep is such a nice thing.

Anonymous said...

those pictures are BEAUTIFUL, chris. i can't wait to see my new little neice again this weekend!

Megan said...

oh my she is beautiful! man - your post makes it almost tempting to have another. i didn't know she was jaundiced - but in those pics she does look nice and tan. glad to hear how well things are going!

Jessi Wright said...

What cuties you have there! And that new precious little face.

Aaron said...

Many blessings to your family with this new addition. God is amazingly good!

Nancy said...

Oh, Chrissie, those pictures of sweet Norah took my breath away! She is SO GORGEOUS!! I can't believe she isn't even two weeks old in those pictures!! She looks so bright and alert. Enjoy this time as much as you can. Before you know it, she'll be almost 7 months old! Can you believe Linus was born that long ago?

Anonymous said...

she is ADORABLE!!!! those 2 big boys will make the best big brothers. i love it!

yellowinter said...

oh, my goodness, chrissie~ she is absolutely gorgeous. you two make beautiful babies! :) and i am so thankful and AMAZED to hear how well norah grace is sleeping for you. God is good. got teary-eyed thinking of issac saying that to his lil sis.

Betty said...

Hi Chrissie! I haven't checked your blog in a while, and I was so happy to see that the ball turned out absolutely beautiful and healthy! Norah is a stunner. Hi to the family!

Judy said...

You are a wonderful mother, and those little wonderful babies are a wonderful reflection of that, and of God's love!
Love you most,
Mom

Kit said...

Chrissie, she is so gorgeous!! Oh my your pics almost make me want to have another one...what?! am i crazy?!!!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful!! congrats!