The life of a pretty crazy lil clan called the Koerbers. We love life together and praise the Creator and Author of that life!

Saturday, October 28, 2006



They have done it! The controversy uncovered... they have indeed intended to open a store here in Pittsburgh. For years, Pittsburghers have complained about the so-called myth that they'd get their very own Trader Joe's. There were even blogs about it! Now the rumors fly... will a second open in Mount Lebanon?

I love Trader Joe's.

Uyen made me fall in love with the salsa organic chips and their guacomole. Uyen made me fall in love with their many a fun frozen item. In fact, I think Uyen made me fall in love with the whole shi-bang! I remember many a Friday night w/ just the Korean Brandeis folk in Uyen's apartment in Brookline AND Trader Joe's runs. What were those frozen bean/ice cream thingy's - I think they were some kind of asian treat? They were green, with something inside!? Someone, help me!

OK.

I'm done obsessing. I can't wait to get out there, but don't dare with these two kids in tow knowing that it will be a madhouse. Or at least, it should be a madhouse. Crazy GOOD food crazy cheap. Right, I said I was done.

My brain, if I could even declare WAS ever right, hasn't been right since childbirth.

I turn 31 this weekend. Matt loves getting older. I, on the other hand, often still feel like I'm in college... or a couple of years out. I can't believe that I am thirty something.

Isaac's mean Stillers face.

I love being a mom.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday dude! You deserve more than that - I'll call to pass along our love (accidentally left off the "p" in pass - got a good laugh- would have been funny if i sent it).
I remember you getting excited about TJ's when we talked about it - I felt so bad when I found out it hadn't actually opened - enjoy your experiences there - I get a bit obsessed when i go and come home with way too much!

Resa said...

What you are thinking of I believe is mochi :) Gummy on the outside, frozen treat on the inside, comes in different flavors including red bean, green tea, and sometimes mango? I especially like mochi cake, I've gotta get the recipe from a friend of mine who made it (but I can't remember who it was!) Yum.

yellowinter said...

yes, mochi is right.
happy birthday!!! yeah, i'll be turning 31 in about six weeks. after a while, it just becomes a random number, doesn't it? i, too, feel like i just finished college months ago. i guess that's why my parents wistfully said how time flies by so quickly. :) enjoy this time of motherhood~
and isaac's mean stiller's face is just too cute. instead of being afraid, i want to go and give him a big kiss on those cheeks! :)

Aaron said...

I will echo the birthday greetings. 31 isn't bad. I know it's super cliche, but you're only as old as you feel. There are days I don't even feel old enough to be in college far less married with a little boy. Would you really want to trade places and be back in college though? College was great and all, but man this stage of life is pretty awesome! Blessings to you and the family!

chrissie k said...

I certainly DON'T want to be back in college... CERTAINLY. It WAS fun and all, but wow, the Lord has changed me some since then *insert sarcastic grin here* Sometimes I want to still be in my college band ;)

chrissie k said...

hmmm.... mochi!