The life of a pretty crazy lil clan called the Koerbers. We love life together and praise the Creator and Author of that life!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Why is it so hard to even take a shower with two children? I'm not kidding... I have dreds!

I had mentioned in my book tag that the one book that I wish had been written would explore motherhood from a reformed perspective. I know it sounds drab, but seriously... I'm not sure enough books have been written about motherhood period! I yearn to be a better mother... I yearn to do the best I can to fulfill this role that the Lord as called me to. Does any one have a recommended read?

Isaac has his 5th cold of the summer. It's driving me batty. He is pretty darn sick - he has been asking to go to bed all morning & has already taken a good long nap. (It's 11:30am!!) He really is downright miserable and I feel SO badly for him.

I love my church. I love the people that I have the opportunity to worship with every Sunday evening. I was struck during the service last night that I look forward to that time of the week more than any other time!

2 comments:

Megan said...

hope Isaac feels better soon. I have a bit of a cold I think I got from Catherine. Did you ever get Ella's birthday song for Isaac? As far as books - have you read any by Nancy and/or Doug Wilson - I know they have books on marriage and motherhood - their marriage book is called "Reforming Marriage" - I have it, isn't that funny! But she has a book on motherhood....

Resa said...

So glad to hear that you have found a church that you really love. We miss you at Citylife :) but are so glad you're doing well! Hope the kiddo gets better soon!