The life of a pretty crazy lil clan called the Koerbers. We love life together and praise the Creator and Author of that life!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006


Being a pastor's wife now IS an odd thing. I spent 4 years in seminary expecting it to happen possibly when we were closer to 40. Never would either of us have imagined we'd be plopped into this role so "early" in life. I do not think, however, that we could have landed in a better, more forgiving and graceful community than the one we have.

So, both boys are asleep and I keep wondering from thing to thing that I yearn to do but can't when they are awake. I have started three emails for work, sat down and played our new piano, I have started cleaning up the kitchen and started typing in this blog. I can't focus on one thing... there is so much that I want to do with this precious hour of no children.

Isaac is bored with staying at home - but there is no other option! It is wicked hot outside and I just can't muster up the energy to get us out to some other place to play. He's been begging to go and play with his "ba-hee-ball -oop" otherwise known as the basketball hoop to older human beings. This child is Mr Sports Star. He can drop kick a football, kick his soccer ball in a net 10 feet away, make baskets w/ his basketball, hit baseballs and pitch like Curt Schilling! It is ridiculous what this child can do at almost two years. What a super star. Grandpa is proud.

Well, the boys are still asleep - I must get some work-work done. Is there anything wrong with hiring a maid to do my house so that I don't feel guilty about working w/ Advent?! How about if she only comes 2 times a month?

No comments: